Thursday, November 1, 2012

Lemon Zucchini Poppyseed Muffins

I thought I’d throw one more zucchini recipe out there in case some of you still have some of that prolific fall squash hanging out in your fridge or pantry.

This recipe works quite well with yellow zucchini.  If you’re going to use green, I recommend peeling it first.  Green skin in yellow muffins is a little disturbing.

Lemon Zucchini Poppyseed Muffins (Makes about 26 muffins)

4 eggs
1 ½ cups milk
¾ cups oil
2 cups grated zucchini
Juice and grated rind from 2 lemons
1 tsp. lemon extract
½ cup poppyseeds
4 cups flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 ½ tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 pkg (4 servings) lemon instant pudding powder
1 ½ cups sugar

Beat eggs, milk, and oil together.  Add zucchini, lemon rind, lemon juice, lemon extract, and poppyseeds and mix together.

Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, instant pudding powder, and sugar and mix together until well blended.

Spoon into muffin cups and bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.

NOTE: 
My apologies to my regular readers who expected a memory verse last weekend and didn't get it.  Somehow there just wasn't enough time last week to fit everything in and I'm afraid my blog suffered as a result.  Please watch for a new memory verse post coming this weekend.

No comments: