Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Give Me Strength

“Lord, I’m tired.  Exhausted to the core of my being.  And I’m far from you.  Please renew my energy and spirit.”

I sit in the sun on Saturday morning talking to God.  It’s week number five of a cold that won’t quit.  I have no energy.  I’m tired of being tired.  I don’t feel close to God.

“What can I do, Lord?  Please bring healing and rest.”

I sit with eyes closed and listen to my breathing, trying to sense God’s presence.

“Are you here God?  Are you listening?”

I breathe slowly and my shoulders relax.  A scripture comes to mind.

Even youths will become weak and tired, and young men will fall in exhaustion.  But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles.  They will run and not grow weary.  They will walk and not faint.

“Yes Lord, Isaiah 40.”

I open the bible on my lap, turn to Isaiah 40, and scan down to the bottom of the chapter until I find the verse.

I read, “Even youths will become weak and tired…but those who trust in the Lord will find new strength”

I close my eyes and breathe deep, feel the sun on my face.

You’ve been working in your own strength, not Mine.  That’s why you’re tired.  Trust Me.  Turn each day and everything in it over to Me.  Do the work you need to, but do it in My strength, not yours. 

That’s it.  I’ve missed God.  I’ve made time for many things, but not Him.  In my time of weakness when I turn to Him, He reminds me.

My job is busy and challenging.  There’s no way I can do it in my own strength and knowledge.  I need God alongside helping me.

This is my challenge.  At the start of each day, before I get out of the car and walk into my office, I need to turn everything over to God.  Give Him the day and let Him work in it.  Pray for daily strength and wisdom, then rest in that prayer and His presence throughout the day.


This is my daily challenge…to trust God that the work that needs to get done will be done.  To realize I can only do so much in one day, and to seek His strength and wisdom every morning.

What about you?  Do you need to renew your strength in God each day?  Do you need to seek rest?  Do you need wisdom?  Start the day with a prayer for God to be in everything you do.


Shilo said...

A beautiful post, Carol. I love how you shared your conversation with God. :)

I too have been praying for God's strength in my life. I visualize myself as a hollow tube, like a reed, seeing the spirit, intention, strength, grace and love of God moving through me giving me the right thoughts, the right words, the right actions and the right way of being throughout my day.

When I am struggling it's because I have slide back into thinking that I have to make 99% of my life happen (force) leaving only 1% for God when in reality, all I need to do is turn my day over to God and He'll take care of 99% of it. My part is only the 1%.

All I need to do is be humble enough to recognize that and to keep asking each morning and all through the day when I think of it.

God will meet me where I am.

Blessings and hugs, :> Shilo

Carol Henders said...

Thanks for sharing, Shilo. It's great to hear from you. I love that you said you have to be humble enough to recognize that God will take care of day. Sometimes it's hard to summon up that humility when pride and ego get in the way. You're right, God does meet us where we are if we let Him. Take care. Carol